The Adidas Consortium ZX 620 Spezial is a replacement for the ZX 600 that was released in 1985. ZX 620 SPZL has a similar polyurethane and EVA multi-density midsole, mesh toe box, and upper panel structure as the ZX 600.
Originally marketed as runner’s trainers, the ZX 620 spzl still leans into that heritage but is better suited as a lifestyle sneaker. Adidas has updated the ZX line trainers to include vegan materials check out the 17 Best Adidas Vegan Sneakers.
The ZX 620 SPLZ released in August 2022 is missing the pre-moulded heel counter which provides added support and protection from the 1985 Adidas ZX 600. The padded ankle collar and tongue stay; making it instantly recognisable.
Do the Adidas ZX 620 SPZL run true to size?
Yes, the Adidas Consortium ZX 620 Spezial fits true to size you can half size down if your prefer a snug fit. Adidas has the sizing on point with little break-in time. If you have wide or flat feet would suggest wearing thinner socks and half sizing down.
Adidas ZX 620 SPZL On Feet
|Feet feel snug, and fit true to size.
|Suede and mesh upper hard to clean
|One pair of extra laces.
|Not many colourways are available.
|Not much heel cushioning.
So the ZX 620 SPZL fits nicely, the widest width of your foot needs to fit inside the shoe without feeling too tight. Going up a size may cause heel slippage.
What size should you get?
The ZX 620 are narrow-fitting trainers from the toe box to the heel.
Narrow width feet
For narrow feet they fit really nicely. When I tested them out my feet felt locked in.
Medium width feet
Medium-width feet the ZX 620 SPZL trainers will fit tight on your feet, it’s best to loosen the laces slightly when tied.
Wide width feet
Wide feet I would suggest you half size up and loosen laces. If the sneaker feels too tight remove the insole and wear without. Just be mindful that you do lose a bit of comfort.
Extra tips for wide feet
- If you have wide feet the widest part of your foot is likely to be pressed against the toe box, which is uncomfortable to start.
- If your feet are wide this will probably cause blisters and a bit of soreness.
How to clean Adidas ZX 620 SPZL
The ZX 620 SPZL is made with a suede, mesh and leather upper. To clean use a dry bristle brush with a suede kit and leather protector.
Check out our cleaning-related cleaning video.
To keep the Adidas ZX 620 SPZL clean, place them in freezer bags (keeps dust away) and insert shoe trees inside (maintain shape).
How durable are the ZX 620?
Having different-sized feet is normal and if the difference in size is small you should:
- Choose the larger size if feet are between sizes or if one foot is bigger than the other.
- Wear thinner or thicker socks depending on the difference in size.
- Measure in the late afternoon when feet are largest due to swelling.
- Losen laces if the shoes become tight.
No, the way the sneaker was made with various suede and mesh upper makes it less likely to crease. Make sure you rotate your shoes so you don’t overwear them.
No, they don’t stretch easily. The fitting is snug therefore very little time is needed to break into the trainer.
They take a few wears to break in and fit comfortably, are you prepared to wait for them to stretch?
- The trainer is reasonably priced but there aren’t too many colourways available.
- Fit true to size, with a narrow fitting.
- Suede used on the upper can be tricky clean. Personally, I would use a suede and nubuck shoe cleaner.
Adidas ZX 600 FAQs
Where can you buy the ZX 600?
The ZX 600 is a retro runner trainer. Best place you can pick them up right now is on the resell market like eBay. Not many brand new (deadstock) pairs available.
How much did the ZX 600 cost when they were released?
In 1986 they used to cost £69.99 in 2022 the ZX 620 SPZL retail for £100.00 and were available in sizes 6 – 11 (UK) only and no half sizes.
What material is used to make the Adidas ZX 600?
- Suede leather upper.
- Vario-width lacing system to enhance fitting.
- Padded ankle collar and tongue.
- Pre moulded heel rubber heel counter.
- Polyurethane and EVA multi-density midsole.
Adidas Related Articles:
- 17 Best Adidas Sneakers That Make You Taller
- Adidas Campus 00s: True To Size On Feet?
- Adidas Retropy F2 Trainer: On Feet Look & Fit
- Adidas ZX 5K Boost: How They Fit?
- Adidas Ozelia Shoes: Do They Fit Tight Or Loose?
I’ve been reviewing, buying, selling, and rocking sneakers since high school. Learned a lot since my first pair when I was 7 years old were And 1s (if you know you know). A lot has changed since the brand started in 2017 from reselling sneakers to now reviewing and writing informational content. The aim is to be authentic and honest with my opinions. Saucedby Lee out 🙂