The Adidas Originals ZX 5K Boost is a futuristic trainer that’s retro-inspired from ZX models from the early 1980s. Released in 2022, features encased midsole boost for a sleeky vibe.
The sneaker is extremely squishy and bounces back anytime you give it some firm impact from everyday use.
How does the Adidas ZX 5K Boost trainer fit?
On foot, the Adidas ZX 5K Boost Trainer fits true to size. If you have wide feet this is the perfect sneaker as the upper is constructed of lightweight, mesh and different panels that add airy comfort. Narrow feet would suggest ½ sizing down. Would definitely go for a thicker sock for a snug fit.
|Reason To Cop:
|Mad squishy when you put them on for daily use and don’t need breaking in.
|Some colourways have clumsy fake-suede overlays with wonky edges.
|Premium overlay materials are used throughout, a futuristic look.
|Some colourways are a bit loud with bright and reflective details.
|Encase boost midsole, less likely to turn yellow over time.
|The trainer is slightly heavy and feels like a brick.
|String lace holes can double up the lacing, meaning can wear them untied and they won’t slip.
To make sure the Adidas ZX 5K Boost fits, the widest width of your foot needs to fit inside the shoe without being too tight. Going up a size will cause heel slippage and make you look like you have penguin feet.
What material is used in Adidas Originals ZX 5K Boost Trainers?
The Adidas Originals ZX 5K Boost Trainer shoes are made with a mesh, suede, lightweight upper material with see-through and reflective design to keep your feet fresh. Boost technology takes care of comfort. Everything mashed up together gives the sneaker a futuristic look.
How long do Adidas Originals ZX 5K Boost Trainers last?
The ZX 5K Boost trainer worn for everyday use expect to last 1-2 years. The best way to care for the ZX 5K Boost sneakers is by checking out our cleaning video.
To keep the Adidas ZX 5K Boost fresh place them in freezer bags (keeps dust away) and insert shoe trees inside (maintains shape).
The ZX 5K is designed with chunky BOOST cushioning for bouncy comfort when rocking them.
What to do if you have two different size feet?
Having different-sized feet is normal and if the difference in size is small you should:
- The trainer is perfect if you have wide feet.
- For a loose fit, you can stay true to size.
- Wear thinner or thicker socks depending on the difference in size.
- Losen laces if the shoes become tight.
- Remove an insole for the slightly larger foot.
Which socks to wear with the ZX 5K Boost trainer?
Recommend wearing thick crew or mid-ankle sports socks, as the thick ankle padding may irritate the skin.
Crew sports socks are usually thicker and designed with cushioning this will kinda reduce heel slippage and help your Adidas ZX 5K Boost to fit snug if you have wide feet.
Can ZX 5K Boost sneakers be used for workouts?
The ZX 5K Boost Trainer is a comfortable retro-inspired futuristic everyday-use shoe. It’s intended for low-impact activities such as walking, tai chi, cutting shapes, or shopping had to throw that one in.
If you have wide feet this will help with ZX 5K Boost fitting
- The ball of the feet should sit comfortably at the widest part of the shoe (toe box).
- Toes should not be touching the end of the shoe, a slight gap is needed.
- Cut the band connecting the tongue to the sneaker.
- The heel should not be slipping.
- Sneakers should feel comfortable on the foot not tight or loose.
- Adidas needs to do better with some of the colourways this sneaker has so much potential, so I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out and sharing with you. Make sure to follow @saucedby on Instagram
- The ZX 5K looks sick, but I defo want to see more leather and suede to give them a really nice retro runner vibe.
- The Adidas ZX 5K Boost is kinda heavy in my opinion but the squishy boost sole makes up for it.
I’ve been reviewing, buying, selling, and rocking sneakers since high school. Learned a lot since my first pair when I was 7 years old were And 1s (if you know you know). A lot has changed since the brand started in 2017 from reselling sneakers to now reviewing and writing informational content. The aim is to be authentic and honest with my opinions. Saucedby Lee out 🙂